Hello! I am Carol, an artist and maker based in Ann Arbor, MI. I enjoy working with a variety of materials, and my creative goal is to connect my customers to nature, but in a purposeful, elegant and useful way. Bohemian minimalist jewelry; hand-bound mini journals that are practical and portable; hand-knotted bookmarks with a touch of nature on both ends. All are designed with great thought and deliberate function.
I create with whatever materials catch my eye on a given day, whether a string of beads, an object or plant found on a walk, or a beautiful sheet of handmade paper for a new journal. Be sure to browse through my site and see what catches your eye!
Feel free to email me with questions or custom requests. I’d love to hear from you!
Creech, Carol F. Inktober 2019. Journal of Natural Science Illustration, Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, v. 52, No. 1, 2020.
Bethmann, Laura. Conversations with Our Artists: Carol Creech. The Botanical Artist: Journal of the American Society of Botanical Artists, v. 22, iss. 3, September 2016.
Creech, Carol F. Pages from my sketchbook. Nature Miscellany: An International Sketchbook Exchange. GNSI Journal of Natural Science Illustration, No. 2, 2016.
Creech, Carol F. Making Money with Your Art: My Experience with Online Shops. GNSI Journal of Natural Science Illustration, No. 3, 2013.
- Capturing the Essence: Connecting People and Nature Through Art
- GNSI Great Lakes Chapter Exhibit at the Lost Valley Visitor Center in Glacial Park, McHenry County, Illinois, June 13, 2015 – July 31, 2015
- Fourth Coast Illuminated: Plants, Animals, Habitats, Archaeology, Artists of the Great Lakes Region.
- Guild of Natural Science Illustrators at Kalamazoo Nature Center, Kalamazoo, MI, July – September, 2014
- Legacy of the Land Through Art
- Legacy Land Conservancy at Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Ann Arbor, MI, Fall 2013.
- Legacy Land Conservancy at Sandhill Vineyards, Jackson, MI, Spring 2014
- 50 Shades of Green
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Ann Arbor, MI – December 2013.
- Illustrating Science: From Anatomy to Zoology
- Ann Arbor District Library, Ann Arbor, MI, 2012