Happy New Year 2013!
Welcome to CCreech Studio’s 2012 Year in Review and Looking Forward to 2013
I have seen similar posts on other artist’s sites and thought this would be a great way to start the new year. 2012 was a busy year, creatively, and this is a great way to recall just how much was accomplished and take a look forward to what I hope to pursue in the coming year. So, let’s take a look!
2012 Year In Review
- I opened my Etsy shop almost one year ago, in January 2012
- I had 23 sales (of 30 items) in shop, but also about 30-40 additional sales outside of the shop, including sales made at booths throughout the year.
- My offerings started with leather wrap bracelets made with natural gemstones, but quickly expanded to include:
- Blank, hand-bound journals
- Jotter journals with reprints of my nature and botanical artwork.
- Natural stone pendants, most of which are on waxed cotton cord as an alternative to leather.
- Hand-knotted, macrame and gemstone bookmarks
- Participated in their Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway, donating one of my bookmarks that was given to a lucky winner.
- Saline Farmer’s Market (August 2012)
- 10th Annual Kerrytown BookFest (September 2012)
- 1st Annual Holiday Greens & Gift Market in Kerrytown (December 2012)
- I am fortunate to have items from my shop on consignment at two local shops/galleries:
- The exhibit, “Illustrating Science: From Anatomy to Zoology”, showcased scientific illustrations on a range of subjects, done by local illustrators. Four of my botanical illustrations were on display during June-July 2012 at the Ann Arbor District Library.
- I had three commissions this year:
- Ink house portrait
- Ink portrait of a cat (Beacon)
- Landscape in ink and colored pencil.
- Participated in the American Music Awards with two display items that were gifted.
- Participated in providing mugs and jewelry to three film projects being completed in the coming months.
- Keep creating!
- Continue to add to the Etsy shop
- More hand-bound mini-journals with natural gemstones, silk wraps, and more.
- I enjoy creating blank ones for a variety of creative uses, including art, writing, photos, etc.
- Develop an idea for a journal format that a friend described to me last year.
- More bookmarks, bracelets, and pendants; including finding new stones to use, state-specific stones.
- I will have ads in the first three issues:
- Issue IX Winter 2013
- Issue X Spring 2013
- Issue XI Summer 2013
- Participating in the gift lounge at the Academy Awards ceremony (The Oscars) 2013 in February.
- Botanical and nature art – both sketches and finished pieces. I would love to do a few ‘sketching’ days at the local botanical garden.
- House portrait of my own house.
- Other commissions that come along.
So there it is! I am sure I will add to this list as the year goes on, but this certainly looks like a great start!
Do you have any creative goals for the coming new year? I’d love to hear about them.