Today is the 2nd annual Small Business Saturday!
It is a wonderful opportunity to support your local small business owners, including artists and craftspeople, during this busy holiday shopping season. There are many talented artisans offering unique, high-quality handmade goods as well as artists offering original art of all genres on practical and fun products from print-on-demand companies like Zazzle.
Here are some great resources to get you started – check them out! I think you will find some terrific gift items for both the hard-to-buy folks in your life as well as some great gifts and stocking stuffers.
- indiExhibit Holiday Gift Guide on Pinterest – Offers a wide variety of styles and products, from both handmade and print-on-demand artists and craftspeople for everyone from kids and teens to men and women. All items are produced by the very talented members of The indiExhibit, a global group of independent artists and creatives.
- CCreech Studio on Zazzle – my original botanical, nature, travel, and wildife artwork featured on a wide variety of print-on-demand products including cards, t-shirts, mugs, coasters, tote bags, iPad cases, and more. I have been creating a number of new products on newly offered items by Zazzle including gel mousepads (great stocking stuffer!), puzzles, notebooks, ceramic tiles and gift boxes, and plates. Definitely worth a look around! Lots of great discounts being offered as well – check out Zazzle coupons as well as weekend deals.
Other artists worth checking out:
- Country Mouse Studio – Zazzle store of artist Carole Barkett offers original watercolor and digital paintings of favorite subjects including birds, wildlife and all of nature.
- Lynne Reichhart Fine Art – Zazzle store of artist Lynne Reichhart offers original artwork including archival prints.
- Bugs, Beasts, & Botanicals – Etsy shop featuring the art of Mindy Lighthipe.
- Bibliographica – Etsy shop of Louise Thompson, a New Zealand artist offering unique hand made journals, botanical photographic studies, & miniature wearable treasures.
- Mary’s Jewelry Designs – Texas-based jewelry artist Mary Bishop creates beautiful and affordable pieces, many of which use some of my favorite semiprecious stones like jasper and agate.
Whether you shop from any of the above stores or your favorite local artist or small business, be sure to show your support this holiday season and all year ’round!